The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is your best investment to influence the long-term growth and stability of the real estate industry. We support and educate pro-REALTOR® candidates on legislative issues that impact your business the most at all levels of government. When REALTORS® support and strengthen RPAC, the real estate industry derives three distinct benefits:
- RPAC gives our industry a way to support candidates who understand our business and share our views on legislation affecting real estate. As elected officials, their votes on our issues are more likely to be supportive of our industry.
- RPAC contributions give us access to the lawmakers whom we have supported. Access does not mean that we can buy a lawmaker’s vote; it simply means that we will have an opportunity to state our case to a lawmaker who is willing to remain open-minded and uncommitted until he or she has heard our position.
- RPAC also gives our industry political credibility. In politics, credibility means we can hold lawmaker’s accountable for their actions. If lawmakers support our views, RPAC gives us a way to help them when they need our support at election time. Decisions on contributions for candidates are based on an individual’s voting record, not party affiliations. It is a candidate’s demonstration of support for REALTOR® issues that leads to an RPAC contribution.
Think about the some of the following issues:
- Protecting Private Property Rights
- Mortgage Interest Deduction
- Property Tax
- Mortgage Financing
- Flood Insurance